At Rapid Cool, we value our employees and strive to create a friendly work environment where together we can achieve success. Check back regularly for up to date job postings.
At Rapid Cool Mechanical we believe in doing what’s right for our customers and our employees. We offer the stability of working for a national industry leader, but we also treat our people like family. Our team is made up of the very best, and we provide ongoing training, support, and opportunities for unlimited professional growth.
Service Dispatcher Service
Job Title: Department:
Service Dispatcher Service
Work Hours: 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, some overtime
Primary Job Function: Maintain the Service Technicians daily schedules and dispatch the technicians as service calls are completed. Schedule return trips with customers when parts are in. Maintain the on call schedule for service technicians. Maintain customer database with current information. Clear and concise communications with department managers, employees and company customers, including keeping customers appraised as to company schedule and requested lead-times
Reports to: Service Manager
• Advanced customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task
• Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills
• Knowledge of industry is recommended but not required
• Computer skills
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Five years related experience and/or training in customer service, dispatching or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Working knowledge of HVAC industry
• 3+ years HVAC Dispatcher experience
• 5+ years Dispatching experience
• Advanced level knowledge of software technologies, such as iOS, Android and Windows OS.
• Take incoming customer calls.
• Schedule and coordinate all service calls as calls are received.
• Create dispatch tickets for service calls.
• Dispatch Service Technicians, one call at a time.
• Dispatch Service Technicians from home to first call.
• Debrief Service Technicians after completion of each call.
• Respond to all messages left overnight.
• Maintain the dispatch board / schedule.
• Forecast workload for 2 – 3 days out
• Contact customers with a “Parts Pending” status as parts are received for scheduling.
• Follow up on all pending and recommended work with customer utilizing the pending work log.
• Update customer files as information is received from installation. (Extended warranties, equipment info, new customers, Birthday tickler file, etc.)
• Type service contract proposals for new customers
• Maintain the maintenance agreements, including billing, scheduling, and staging of materials, database information, customer hard files and renewals.
• Help Service Manager with marketing issues as directed.
• Order parts for special orders.
• Maintain on call schedule, to include 1st on call and standby technician
• Happy calls / customer surveys.
• Other duties as assigned
Success Factors / Job Competencies:
• Customer Service – ability to service both internal and external clients with a high degree of satisfaction • Organization – Ability to keep multiple schedules and projects organized and on schedule
• Commitment to company values
• Communication – Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Download Full Job Description here: Service Dispatcher
Residential Refrigeration / Gas fitter - Kamloops, BC
As a member of our team, you will accurately diagnose and repair problems with customer refrigeration equipment. With a strong focus on customer service and a commitment to integrity, you will communicate solutions to customers. Other duties include performing maintenance on residential equipment, servicing and/or cleaning IAQ products/equipment on all residential job sites, and soldering, welding, brazing, and performing minor field fabrication.
- Candidate must hold a valid driver’s licence
- Certified with a refrigeration ticket
- Must have “B” gas ticket
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance benefits
- Vacation and General Holiday Pay
- Bi-Weekly pay via direct deposit